Monday, May 23, 2005

Tag with the Thompsons

Wednesday the 18th, found the Marshall ladies at the Thompson family residence for a day of fun, food, and fellowship! The Thompsons are a family of 12 , with 10 children ranging from 20 to 2. The newest thing in their lives is a brand new kitchen, complete with new appliances, cabinets, dishes and a drinking fountain! (With lots of little people, this feature saves on washing countless cups.) We oohhed and aahhed over their new acquisitions and decided that it looked not unlike a creation from the home editions of Extreme Makeover :-)

Once outside, the kids played a few games, one of which was Freeze Tag. By the time the kids persuaded me that playing games was more fun than taking pictures (I was enjoying a new flash, and the abundance of subjects), they had decided on Freeze Tag, and had unanimously nominated me as 'it'. So, I started running. And running. Finally, I 'froze' two little people and was starting on my third conquest when I realized that due to the uneven numbers (me against 10), every child I 'froze' was promptly 'unfrozen'! I'm sure I didn't give them much of a run for their money, but it was fun!

Inside the house, the mothers talked and looked over some skirts and jumpers that we girls had grown out of, the kids showed us their instruments and other creations, Amber (the eldest daughter) displayed her lovely crocheted afghans, and Evvie and Danielle (the third daughter) set up their annual Parade of Model Horses. For lunch, we had homemade quesadillas and brownies. (Marshalls always bring brownies!)

Visiting the Thompsons is always SO enjoyable, and we hope to do it again before 2006. ( Due to both of our busy schedules, our last visit was in 2004.)

~Allison

No comments: